Galore > CompTIA A+ Certification
CompTIA A+ Windows Certification Exam Self-Study
us out, make a donation!
Sample Test Items
The table below lists the domains measured by this examination and the extent to which they are represented.
|Domain||% Of Examination|
|1.0 OS Fundamentals||28%|
|2.0 Installation, Configuration and Upgrading||31%|
|3.0 Diagnosing and Troubleshooting||25%|
Contrasts between Windows 9x/Me, Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, Windows 2000 Professional, and Windows XP
Major Operating System components
Major Operating System Interfaces
Windows 9x –specific files
Registry data files
1.3 Demonstrate the ability to use command-line functions and utilities
to manage the operating system, including the proper syntax and switches.
Command line functions and utilities include:
1.4 Identify basic concepts and procedures for creating, viewing, and managing
disks, directories and files. This includes procedures for changing file
attributes and the ramifications of those changes (for example, security
Content may include the following:
1.5 Identify the major operating system utilities, their purpose, location, and available switches.
1. By default, on which directory services
does Windows NT Server 4 rely?
Ans: The NT Directory Services (NTDS) is the service used by default by Windows NT.
2. Which of the following is a network connector?
Ans: RJ-45 is a CAT-5 Ethernet connector. Although the RJ-11 used to be used as well, it is now only used for telephone lines and DSL connections.
3. HTTP stands for:
1) Host Text Transfer Protocol
2) Hypertext Transfer Protocol (the standard protocol of the Web)
3) Hypertext Technical Program
4) Host Transfer Text Protocol
4. Which of the following category types of twisted pair cabling can 10BASET
1) Category 5
2) Category 3
3) Category 1
4) Category 6
Also, Category 3 is limited to 10mb speed, so is pretty much obsolete.
5. An RJ-11 connector could be used as a connector for which of the following
2) Analog Modem (also a DSL modem or DSL router)
6. A standardized way of naming network resources, used for linking pages together on the World Wide Web
7. In a Local Area Network, which network uses a bus topology?
2) Ethernet (can also use a star topology)
3) Token Ring (is a ring topology)
8. Which network type is the basic building block of all networks?
1) MAN (Metropolitan Area Network)
2) LAN (Local Area Network)
3) WAN (Wide Area Network)
4) GAN (Global Area Network)
9. The speed of a network card is measured in __________.
10. What is the function of a client in a client/server network?
1) Connects to the printer
2) Provides resources to other computers
3) Dependent on resources from other computers
4) Is the centerpiece of the network
11. The Internet uses the _____ and _____ protocol. Choose all that apply.
1) Internet Protocol (IP)
2) Sequenced Packet Exchange (SPX)
3) Internetwork Packet Exchange (IPX)
4) Transfer Control Protocol (TCP)
5) NetBIOS Extended User Interface (NetBEUI)
12. What does the ATZ command do?
1) Resets the modem
2) Turn the speaker off
3) Hangs up
4) Dials specified number
13. 10BASET uses what type of connectors?
1) Fiber Optic
2) RJ-11 (can be 10BASET, but only on very old networks)
3) RJ-45 (for test purposes)
14. When operating in a Token Ring network, each station can transmit
1) Only during the assigned time slot of that station
2) Only when the station has possession of the token (it's okay if you don't know Token Ring, it's obsolete)
3) When there is no other station on the network
4) Only when requested to do so by another station on the network
15. In a Local Area Network, which network uses a star topology?
4) Token Ring
Back to Top
Go to CompTIA A+ Certification Windows Domain 2 Test Help
Copyright © 2002-2019 Port Bell. Get to the Top of the Search Engines. Your premier Western Washinton SEO / search engine optimization company All rights reserved except where noted.
NEW CLIENT OPPORTUNITIES ARE WAITING FOR YOU